OA generally affects individuals who more than 50 years of age; however, it can take place earlier, too.
Signs that can appear at the beginning of knee OA are:
- discomfort, specifically on flexing and aligning the knee as well as with weight bearing
- swelling, brought on by an accumulation of liquid in the joint, or by bony developments called osteophytes that create as the cartilage breaks down
- warmth in the skin over the knee, specifically at the end of the day
- tenderness when pressing down on the knee
- stiffness when relocating the joint, particularly first thing in the early morning or after a period of inactivity or strolling
- creaking or cracking on bending, known as crepitus
Activity can make symptoms worse, causing pain at the end of the day, specifically after a long time of standing or strolling.
If the knee is red, the person has a fever, or both signs and symptoms occur, the problem is probably not OA.
If you are trying to know about Knee Injections of platelet-rich plasma [ฉีด เกล็ด เลือด รักษา เข่า เสื่อม, which is the term in Thai], please visit the link.
Treatment of OA depends on how severe the symptoms are.
Some solutions as well as over-the-counter treatments for OA of the knee can be utilized in your home as well as are easily offered from the pharmacy.
These consist of:
- Applying cold or heat: Warmth eases rigidity, as well as cold can reduce pain as well as swelling. The hot pad or ice pack ought to be covered with a towel so as not to burn the skin.
- Utilizing an assistive device: A walking stick or walker can help take some of the weight off of the knees. Holding the walking cane in the contrary hand to the painful knee is most reliable.
- Discomfort alleviation drugs: These are readily available over-the-counter, but people ought to utilize them with care as they can trigger adverse effects.